Here is an update on the construction and renovation project at Kendal at Lexington. The project consists of 6 sub-projects . . .
- IL Cottages: All 30 cottages are now under roof and 5 new families have moved in! We anticipate that 22 of the 30 residences will be occupied by the end of 2019.
- Emergency access road: The road has been constructed. One additional layer of surface and some landscaping will complete that part of the project. A gate has been installed at the Rebel Ridge Road entrance to prohibit unauthorized use of the road.
- Borden Health Center: Construction of the two additions is getting very close to completion and the renovations of the current structure are in “full swing.”
- Webster Center Assisted Living: The construction of the addition is behind schedule but making progress.
- Maintenance Building: Construction underway.
- Dining Facility: The foundation and roof skeleton for the expansion of the dining room is almost complete. Construction of the walls to close in the new space and interior renovation of the existing space are underway.
Thank you for your patience throughout this work. We anticipate that the full project will be completed in the spring of 2020. With the all the cottages under roof and all the utility work having been completed, we do not anticipate any additional blasting. We do, however, want you to be aware that there is additional paving work to be completed. Also, final grading and conversion of the sediment ponds to detention ponds will occur towards the end of the project.